Posted on 12-11-2015
10 Signs You Have Low Thyroid!
An estimated 20 million Americans are suffering from some form of thyroid disease, and 60% of them have no idea about their condition. Hypothyroidism accounts for up to 90% of thyroid imbalances. So the question is, HOW can so many people have a disease they are unaware of?
There are a number of signs and symptoms related to hypothyroidism or "under-active" thyroid that can be a associated with other conditions.
Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland is not producing enough thyroid hormone (T4 or T3). How well your thyroid functions are correlated to every system in your body, so when it's not functioning properly it can cause a variety of symptoms. Here are some signs and symptoms to look out for that may indicate you are dealing with thyroid dysfunction:
1. Fatigue after sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night or needing to take a nap daily
2. Weight gain or the inability to lose weight
3. Mood issues such as mood swings, anxiety, or depression
4. Hormone imbalances such as PMS, irregular periods, infertility, and low sex drive
5. Muscle pain, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tendonitis
6. Cold hands and feet, feeling cold when others are not, or having a body temperature consistently below 98.5
7. Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excessive hair loss
9. Mind issues such as brain fog, poor concentration, or poor memory
10. Neck swelling, snoring, or hoarse voice
In general, how bad your symptoms are will depend on your age, how long you’ve had hypothyroidism, and the seriousness of your condition. Sometimes the symptoms can be so mild and happen gradually that they can go unnoticed for years. Undiagnosed thyroid disease can put patients at risk for serious conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and infertility. Women are five times more like to develop a thyroid problem than men.
For a more thorough understand of the science and physiology of HOW the thyroid is supposed to function and some lab markers to look for CLICK HERE.
We hope this article finds you doing well. Remember, at Natural Health Solutions in Bloomington, MN we specialize in functional medicine, weight loss and food sensitivity testing. Call today for a free consultation to discuss your concerns with Dr. Mannie. 952-891-2225 Please remember, you don't need to be close to our clinic...we work remotely with patients all across the United States.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.